During Halloween our senses are heightened and the veil between the physical and spiritual realm is the thinnest, one of the best ways to create your magic is to work with rituals and set your intentions.
Making an altar and creating a sacred space is a great way to help your manifestations to work. It’s also a good opportunity for interacting with your guides and departed loved ones, especially if there is someone who has passed on with whom you’d like to connect.
To set up your altar you will need:
- Black and orange candles
- A chalice
- Dark feathers
- Photos and or mementos of the departed who you wish to honour
- Place your candle in the centre of your altar.
- Use a compass to determine the Four Directions and place your altar items in each direction as they correspond to the element.
- Crystals for Earth in the North, your chalice for Water in the West, a candle for Fire in the South, and your feathers for Air in the East.
- Fill in your altar with your personal mementos.
- Light your candles and offer a prayer of gratitude to the souls you wish to honour.
- Keep a piece of smoky quartz and a small dish of sea salt on your altar at all times to keep energies clear.
Tools & Ritual
- Black candle
- Perfume or anointing oil
- Small squares of paper
- Writing utensil
- Rub a few drops of anointing oil between your fingers rub the body of the candle visualizing your energy connecting with the energy of the candle.
- Write your intentions on your square of paper, on the other side write “so mote it be.”
- Fold the paper and place it under your candle.
- Light the candle and call in your guides, ancestors and relations to support in the manifestation of your intentions.
- Meditate on your intention by focusing on the dancing flame, repeat your words in your mind or aloud.
- When you finish your meditation, express your thanks then remove the paper from beneath the candle and then light it in the flame, leave your paper to burn to ash in a fireproof dish.
- Let your candle burn out
- Bury the ashes outdoors, to the direction of East, where all new beginnings take root.
Clear a sacred space.
When we work closely with the spiritual realm it’s important that we have a clear space, free of negative energies .When you keep your spaces clean and clear you attract positive spirits of light. Protect yourself and loved ones with a ceremonial cleansing of your home, office, and other sacred spaces.
Tools & Ritual
- Protection stones like tiger’s eye
- White sage
- Start with a physical clearing of your space. Gather and throw away or donate any items in your home that you don’t use or want.
- Organize and clean your surfaces, clearing away piles of clutter.
- Close your doors and windows then smudge the room. Ask the smoke to clear all energy in the space that is not positive.
- When you’ve finished smudging, open doors and windows and let it blow through.
This is a simple way to celebrate and reconnect with the experiences and memories we shared with our loved ones who have passed. To create a memory offering everyone collects and shares stories and little things you remember, gather together and share these memories in celebration of their life.
Tools & Ritual
- Glass jar
- Small pieces of paper
Create an altar in your home to honour your loved one.
- In the centre of the altar place your jar and the slips of paper.
- Throughout the day, write down memories of your loved ones on the slip of paper and place it in the jar.
- At the end of the day, gather to share these memories aloud with your loved ones to celebrate the connections we shared with those who have passed on.
I hope you enjoy the rituals and feel inspired to create your own sacred traditions to honour the departed and get into the spirit of Halloween.
Because our senses are heightened and the veil is at the thinnest, this is would be a great time to have a tarot reading.
#Halloween #Altar #Rituals #Tools #Sacred Space #Samhain #Tarot Readings